Bramham Parish Council – Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group

July 12, 2017 DRAFT NOTES

  1. Present: John Whitbread, Val Whitbread, Paul Marshall, Neil Ferres, Dean Burdall, David Gluck (Ruralis).
  2. Apologies: Linda Richards, Keith Langley, Lance Porter, John Trischler.
  3. The main focus of the meeting was to discuss the Group’s proposed actions in response to informal comments that it had received from Leeds City Council and in its discussion with Ian Mackay (Leeds City Council) on Version 4 of the draft Plan. To this end their recommendations were discussed item by item.

ACTIONS:

  1. We need to include everything that we have done throughout the development of the Plan in the Consultation Statement for example: minutes, materials used, magazine articles, etc. Linton’s Consultation is a good example.
  2. There is also a need for us to provide evidence other than the feedback from public as justification for its intentions. The Plan should include facts and figures so that it is seen as more than aspirational.
  3. The period covered by the Plan will be the same as that covered by the City Plan. That is to say that the period will extend to 2033.
  4. Information from the Business Survey is to be included as a way of extending our evidence base.
  5. A map will be provided to illustrate each policy intention, for example a map showing all green spaces (DB).
  6. The Landscape Survey and Business Survey are to be included in the index.
  7. The Parish Council has to ensure that the community assets identified by the Plan are given the status of Assets of Community Value. The Church and its graveyard are to be included as is the sign at the junction of Paradise Way and Aberford Road. We also need a generic policy on newly identified assets. The owner must be consulted when features are to be designated.

It was reported that Bramham Playing Field now has Field in Trust status. Plans for additional sport facilities should be mentioned in the Plan.

 

  1. Headley – the group will contact Leeds University to enquire as to their plans for the land and property that they own there.
  2. On page 22 a history of the allotments is to be included (VW (Tenter Hill) and PM (Folly Lane)).
  3. On page 35 JW and VW to name the views.
  4. The group decided that the plan should be A4 size with two columns.          AP – DG to do design brief.

NOTE: Where items are not mentioned the Group’s response was considered to be already appropriate.

  1. The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted.

4.1. VW to contact the Clerk (KL) for an update.

4.2. No further sites were added to the Built Environment list.

4.3. The Landscape assessment has been completed.

4.4. The A1 noise issue raised by a resident will be referred to the Parish Council.

  1. The photographs to illustrate the Plan have been taken by NF and LP.
  2. There was no other business.
  3. The next meeting will take place on Thursday, 31st August. Venue to be confirmed.