Bramham Parish Council – Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group

March 23, 2017

  1. Present: John Whitbread, David Gluck (Ruralis), Val Whitbread, John Tritschler, Paul Marshall, Keith Langley, Neil Ferres, Lance Porter.
  2. Apologies: Linda Richards, Dean Burdall.
  3. The notes from the last meeting were accepted.

4.1. KL and DG have met to discuss the next stage of the grant funding process. KL is going to input the information needed in order to apply for a grant to fund the next stage of The Plan. Funding for a new website will be applied for.

AP – KL to complete the application form.

 

4.2. The process of adding sites that do not already have some protection to the Built Environment list is to continue throughout the consultation.

AP-JT to investigate any sites that might be added.

 

4.3. DG reported that the draft Landscape Assessment is complete and is ready to be included in the Plan.

4.4. The comments made by parishioners and their possible influence on the Plan were discussed at an interim meeting on 27-02-17.  Recommendations for relevant changes were accepted.

4.5. The Draft Plan will be submitted to Leeds CC for informal feedback and we will be able to discuss their feedback at the April meeting. PM has written to Ian Mackay from Leeds CC explaining our intentions and inviting someone from Leeds CC to attend and Ian has accepted.

  1. DG outlined the Plan’s current status and the way forward.  The Parish Council will be informed of the current state of the Plan. They now need to start to consider how best to implement it over the next 10 years and to build in a robust regular review process.

The Plan is on schedule to be completed on target.

Minor amendments to the Plan were discussed and accepted for inclusion.

  1. LP and NF have so far taken some 150 photographs of the Parish of which a selection will be used to illustrate the Plan. They intend to take more and are awaiting permission to take photographs within Bramham Park.
  2. The group discussed two emails received from a resident. The first one concerned A1 noise abatement. The second the Bramham House site. DG offered to investigate the A1 noise issue further and report back (AP). The issue of protecting the trees on the Bramham House site was discussed and it seems that they are already protected.
  3. It was decided that the Group will be represented at the Annual Parish Meeting.

PM will report on the Plan’s progress to the Meeting. (AP)

  1. DG will write an article for the May Parish Magazine outlining the Plan’s development thus far and how it will be moved forward. (AP)
  2. The consensus amongst the Group was that the need for the training offered at the Conference has already passed.
  3. There was no other business.
  4. NEXT MEETING:

THURSDAY, 27 April, 2017, 7-30pm. Venue to be confirmed.