Bramham Parish Council – Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group

September 28, 2017 DRAFT NOTES

  1. Present: John Whitbread, Val Whitbread, Paul Marshall, Neil Ferres, David Gluck (Ruralis)  , Keith Langley.
  2. Apologies: Linda Richards, Lance Porter, Dean Burdall, John Trischler.
  3. The minutes of the last meeting were accepted as accurate.
  4. Given the importance of item 5 on the agenda it was decided to deal with the Action Points during the review of Version 9 of the NP, agenda item 5.
  5. The group reviewed the Version 9 of the Plan in the light of comments made by members of the group. All of these Actions Points that were agreed during the last meeting have been incorporated. The areas covered were:

The area covered by the Plan, Bramham cum Oglethorpe Parish, will be referred to as Bramham throughout the Plan.

The section concerning the proposals for the improvement of Sports and Leisure facilities (LR2) has been developed.

More Roman roads and their routes have been identified and included.

The section covering the Battle of Bramham Moor has been edited. More information is to be included about Percy’s Cross and the plans to move it has been included.

A new more up to date map has been used for the Key Views. The views on the old map have been assessed to see if they remain appropriate and new views added. During this part of the discussion it was highlighted that some of the maps, particularly the ones taken from the Conservation Area document may need to be improved.

AP – DG

A brief history of the allotments at Tenter Hill on the west side of the A1 has been included.

Other minor edits were agreed.

All other Action Points had been completed. These included a document produced by FV to clarify what the next steps leading up to the submission of the Plan are. Also PM wrote to the University in an attempt to clarify what their intentions are with regard to the land that they own in the south of the Plan area. A meeting was arranged with representatives of the University (Dennis Hopper, Director of Facilities Management and Landlord’s Representative for the University Farms together with Roger Gair, University Secretary and Director of the University Farm Company)and attended by PM and DG. This is dealt with in item 6 below.

  1. At the meeting with representatives of Leeds University the following topics had been covered:
  1. The proposed development of existing buildings at Headley for housing.
  2. It emerged that some of the land used by the University is leased from the Church.
  3. The World War One aircraft hangar at Headley which is a listed building and the history of the Bramham Moor Royal Flying Corps air base.
  4. The University’s intention to use the land for agricultural education. This includes plans to develop the existing farm at the junction of Spen Common Lane and Paradise Way as a Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock and development of the farms that they own. They also said that they intend to develop existing buildings at Headley for accommodation.

It was decided to add information about the University’s plans for its operation in Bramham into the introductory section of the Plan.

AP – DG

  1. AOB – in the light of the document prepared by FV outlining what work the group has to do the following actions were agreed:
  • To obtain the Screening Opinion from Ian Mackay at Leeds CC. AP – PM
  • To produce a design brief for the printing of the Plan. AP – DG
  • To obtain quotes for the design and print of the Plan and associated documents. AP – NF & VW
  • To write a summary for distribution to each household in the Area. AP – DG
  • To write a covering letter. AP – DG
  • To produce the survey to go out with the summary. AP – FV & DG
  • To restructure the website. AP – NF
  • To inform Leeds CC that we are starting our section 14 process in two months time. AP- PM
  • To identify the stakeholders who are to receive copies of the full Plan.  AP-PM. FV to provide YH list.
  • To have a first draft of the Plan by October 30, 2017.
  1. The next meeting will take place on Thursday, 2 November. Venue to be confirmed.