Bramham Parish Council – Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee

Minutes of Meeting - Thursday 30 July 2015

    PRESENT: John Lynch (Chair), Neil Ferres, Val Whitbread, Paul Marshall, Linda Richards,

    John Whitbread, John Tritschler

    1. Apologies: Dean Burdall , Stuart Moore.

    2. Notes of previous meeting.

    Agreed – version as amended by John L.

    3. Neighbourhood Plan Headings

    Paul had set up some structure headings and Val had sent comments. Dean had also commented

    that improved lighting at the entrance to Bowcliffe could be considered. It was agreed that review

    by email is not the way to progress.

    AP Neil/Paul to set up a method of holding drafts on which the group can comment.

    4. CIL

    John L had attended a workshop setting out current understanding of CIL:

    Key point is that Parish Councils are responsible for disposal of CIL, not Ward Cllrs.

    There is scope for parishes to collaborate.

    LCC officers advised that Bramham PC will not get CIL from any Headley development, it is

    being treated as a special case.

    5. Headley

    Headley has been approved into the list of sites. A report will be produced in the Autumn, for

    consultation. It was agreed that this would be the time for further consultation with residents and

    possibly another consultation event.

    6. CPRE

    It was agreed to engage with the CPRE contact who is looking at LCC site allocations.

    7. Solar Farm proposal

    The NPG’s response to the planning application was circulated and has been submitted to LCC.

    It was noted that many people make comments on facebook, but that these do not reach or have

    any impact on those that make decisions.

    AP Neil to investigate if/how comments made on facebook can be garnered & used.

    8. Almshouse Hill site

    The subject of the continued eyesore of the Almshouse Hill site was discussed. It was noted that

    planning permission was obtained in 2006, building had started but then stopped. Parish Council

    intervention had resulted in hoarding being erected around the site.

    Comments were that it could be open space / sold to the Parish Council or we could make a case

    to the City Council to aquire using Compulsary Purchase order (CPO) powers.

    It was agreed that as a start John L would request that the PC writes to the owner to attempt to

    find out his/her intentions.

    9. AOB

    Neil advised that some land at Headley is church owned.

    Matters arising:

    Paul had listed some sub headings for the Neighbourhood Plan – ALL TO COMMENT.

    Neil was to contact the Church regarding their land at Headley.

    3. LCC Dev Plan Panel:

    The LCC panel had been postponed – but indications were that Headley would be in the list of

    sites and Thorpe Arch out.

    4) Headley Update:

    John L advised that he is aware of people/groups outside of Bramham who will be objecting to

    Headley.

    5) Solar Farm application – this has not yet been validated or made available on the LCC website.

    6) AOB

    It was agreed that it was time to update the website with latest thoughts/correspondence – Neil will add issues/arguments from the letters this group has received.

     

    Next Meeting: Thursday 23 July 2015

If you want to know more or feed in any views please talk to any member of the committee.

Go Back