Bramham cum Oglethorpe – Neighbourhood Plan
The independent examination of the Bramham Neighbourhood Plan is complete, and the Examiner’s report concludes that, subject to modifications, the plan meets legal requirements and should proceed to referendum.
The referendum held on 14th February 2019 met the requirements of the Localism Act 2011; it was held in the Bramham Neighbourhood Area
and posed the question :-
‘Do you want Leeds City Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Bramham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area ?’
The count took place on 15th February 2019 and greater then 50% of those who voted were in favour of the plan being used to help determine planning applications in the Neighbourhood
area. The results of the referendum were :
YES 396 (93.4%)
NO 28 (6.6%)
A referendum on the neighbourhood plan will be held on Thursday 14 February 2019.
The Examiner recommended that the Referendum Area should be the Bramham Neighbourhood Area. The council considers that Referendum Plan (modified as set out in the Decision Statement) meets the Basic Conditions and agrees that the Referendum Area is the Bramham Neighbourhood Area.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 14 February:
- he/she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of Leeds City Council whose area is in the Referendum area
- his/her qualifying address (the address they are entitled to be registered at in the register of electors) for the election is in the Referendum area
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2443.24.
The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 1377.
A number of specified documents relating to the referendum may be inspected at:
Leeds City Council Electoral Services
Level 2, Town Hall
Leeds LS1 3AD
- Leeds City Council, City Centre Hub, 2 Great George Street, Leeds, LS2 8BA (Mon, Fri 09.30 – 17.00, Tues, Weds, Thurs 08.30 – 17.00)
- Wetherby Library, 17 Westgate, Wetherby, LS22 6LL (Mon 10.00 – 17.00, Tues 09.00 – 19.00, Weds, Thurs, Fri 9.00 – 17.00, Sat 10.00 – 16.00)
- Bramham Post Office, 12 Front St, Bramham, Wetherby LS23 6RD (during opening hours)
- Bramham Medical Centre, Clifford Rd, Bramham, Wetherby LS23 6ZA (during opening hours)
- Leeds City Council website: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/your-council/planning/neighbourhood-planning
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Postal address : Electoral Services, Level 2, Town Hall, The Headrow, Leeds LS1 3AD
The consultation period during which representations on this Neighbourhood Plan could be made expired at 5pm Monday 9th July 2018.
More information on Neighbourhood Planning can be found on Leeds City Council’s website :-